At Maya & Associates LLC, protecting the confidentiality and security of our clients’ information has always been an important part of the way we conduct our business. We want you to know that we are committed to safeguarding your privacy while helping you achieve your financial goals.
As a bookkeeping and tax preparation firm, we comply with Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) professional standards of confidentiality to inform our clients of our policies regarding privacy of client information. Therefore, we have always protected your right to privacy.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that is provided by you or obtained by us with your authorization to prepare your personal and business income tax returns, provide payroll and payroll tax services and/or consulting services to you.
PARTIES TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our clients or former clients except as required by law. These circumstances could include any of the following:
- A validly issued subpoena or summons;
- A review of our professional practice or ethics by the AICPA, or the Texas State Board of Accountancy;
- A review relating to a prospective purchase, sale or merger of all or part of our practice;
- Participation in actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings by or against our firm, as compelled by a court of law;
- Using nonaffiliated third parties who perform services for us in the preparation of your returns or consulting engagements. Additionally, upon your written request, we will disclose information about you to the parties you specify.
GENERAL RESTRICTION ON DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In circumstances where we do disclose personal information, we take reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is not used for purposes other than that for which the information was disclosed. We do not share your personal information with companies that perform marketing services.
THE FIRM’S PRACTISE FOR PROTECTING THE CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF NON-PUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain records relating to professional services that we are engaged by you to perform, so we are better able to assist you with your professional needs. We safeguard these records in accordance with IRS regulations.
Again, we do not disclose any non-public personal information about our clients, except for the reasons as specified above. We will continue to protect the privacy and security of your information and perform services for you with the highest level of integrity. If you have questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us. You can also review more information regarding the FTC regulations at here, then scroll to the section entitled “Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.”