Find the career you deserve
Your job search starts and ends with us
About Maya & Associates LLC:
Maya & Associates LLC, a U.S Accounting firm, is a mid-sized practice providing an extensive range of professional services to cater the financial needs across several industries. We have a stable and loyal client base, where personal recommendations and referrals demonstrate the satisfaction and confidence clients have in our services. We offer a wide range of solutions for small to mid-sized US based businesses, including outsourced Business Plans, Business Formation, Bookkeeping, HR & Payroll, and State & Federal Income Taxes across all 50 states in the United States. Maya & Associates LLC is also an ICAEW (UK) and ACCA (UK) registered employer.Job Description:
Maya & Associates is looking for a senior associate who have strong command in bookkeeping and taxation. The role will involve maintaining financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.Responsibilities:
Job duties include working closely with the Manager to create and analyze financial reports, process accounts payable and receivable and manage tax returns. Our ideal candidate holds an Accounting degree and is familiar with QuickBooks accounting software.
Ultimately, the responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our clients and manage their whole accounting & finance function.
• Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within QuickBooks software.Requirements:
• Post invoice batches within the sales module and ensuring that the invoices are being deferred correctly.
• Preparation of monthly financial statements related to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting within deadlines and with high attention to accuracy.
• Bank and account reconciliation preparation and adjustments, analytical review and variance analysis.
• Reconcile the AP and AR Sub ledgers to the General Ledger.
• Update of quarterly accruals and commitments.
• Preparation of journal entries for month end close.
• Filing and performing related administrative duties as assigned.
• Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions in accordance to US GAAP and in time to meet internal and external timelines.
• Implement process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Process the corporate income & sales tax returns of clients.
• Undertake special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed.
• Proven bookkeeping/accounting experience. Tax experience will be a plusNotes:
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and QuickBooks software
• Proficiency in English and in MS Office
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, MCOM, MBA, ICMA(finalist), ACCA(finalist) or similar qualification.
• Fresh or 1-2 year of experience in accounting & taxation
This position is for a female staff member only in our Karachi, Pakistan office.Candidates should be able to work in afternoon shift (12noon- 9pm) for some days during the deadlines.How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their updated CV/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. These positions are based in Karachi, Pakistan.